The Sunshine Blogger Awards allows bloggers to answer all the questions YOU want to know about them. So, why did I get nominated?
Thank you to the lovely Shania Blogs for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This award is such a lovely way to raise awareness for smaller blogs, to help people on their way to spreading their thoughts and ideas to a wider audience. In doing so, the blogging community can celebrate like-minded individuals, by spreading positive vibes, and sharing one-another’s work. It feels lovely to be recognised for my blog, as I do put a lot of time and effort into it, so thank you again, and here is my response…
Here are the 11 questions Shania asked me:
1. What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?
Chris Pine – I think the breaking-point here was the new Star Trek films… I’m not really a big sci-fi fan, but he made these films…
2. When did you screw everything up, but no one ever found out it was you?
I know this is such a boring answer, but I don’t think this has ever happened to me! I’m clearly good as gold!
3. Who is your favourite author?
Daphne du Maurier – I’ve only read one of her books (see below) but, after reading this one, I was hooked to her writing style, and I have one or two more of her masterpieces lined up to read and review soon! Stay tuned…
4. Your all-time favourite book?
Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier. This is a very apt question, as this book actually inspired me to start this blog, and is the reason behind my blog’s name. Check out my book review on Rebecca by clicking here if you’re interested.
5. One “beauty” thing you can’t leave the house without?
The one beauty product I can’t leave the house without wearing is mascara. This is an absolute essential on my face, as I have very fair eyelashes and brows, so this just completely changes my look like you wouldn’t believe!
The one beauty product I can’t leave the house without popping in my bag would probably have to be lipsil, or lipstick (if I’m wearing a full face of make-up). I’m not particularly high-maintenance when it comes to topping up my make-up during the day so I rarely take anything out with me but, if I do, those are the products I’d take.
6. Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
Probably the main character in Rebecca who is given no name; she was not very relatable at all!
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why?
Probably Jessica or Kallie… I’m not sure about a new surname, but those are my favourite first names, and were the names of two of my closest childhood friends.
8. What is your favourite quote?
I’m not really one for remembering or saving quotes, but a couple of months ago, someone I follow on Instagram posted this poem on her story. For some reason, this really struck a chord, as it’s something I’ve always lived by, but this just put it into words:
If you sit down at set of sun
And count the acts that you have done,
And, counting, find
One self-denying deed, one word
That eased the heart of him who heard,
One glance most kind
That fell like sunshine where it went —
Then you may count that day well spent.
But if, through all the livelong day,
You’ve cheered no heart, by yea or nay —
If, through it all
You’ve nothing done that you can trace
That brought the sunshine to one face–
No act most small
That helped some soul and nothing cost —
Then count that day as worse than lost.
– George Eliot
9. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
That is a very good question, and I was going to say that I can’t remember because it was too long ago but, when I thought more, I realised it was actually relatively recently, about 2 years ago… it was a beautiful summer’s day in Cardiff, and my friends and I decided to head to Bute Park to enjoy the weather. We climbed one of the trees, and one of my friends actually got stuck!
10. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Unpopular opinion, but I refuse to watch Brooklyn 99. I have actually attempted to watch this twice, once when it first aired in Britain about 4 or 5 years ago, and then another time a couple of years ago, just because everyone goes on about how good it is. I just don’t get it! I don’t think it’s funny at all… sorrrryyyyy.
11. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
Book: detective novels – I don’t think these ever get old! Somehow, authors always manage to find a new way to hook an audience.
TV: rom-coms, all the way! Very cliché, I know…
My nominees for this award are as follows (I’ve linked their twitter accounts, so please pop on over to their social media and give them, and their blogs, some love):
My questions for you 11 are as follows:
- What are your future career goals?
- If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
- What is your standard morning routine?
- If you had to eat one food genre (e.g. Italian, Japanese, Chinese etc.) for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Would you rather a sweet snack or a salty snack?
- What’s the one TV program you would recommend above all others?
- Would you prefer to settle down in the country or a city?
- What is your absolute favourite make-up product in your make-up bag right now?
- Are you planning on going to university/are at university now/never went to university (depending on how old you are), and what is/was your reasoning behind this choice.
- Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, and are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?
- How do you feel about the above question i.e. if you’re the middle child, do you have middle-child syndrome? If your answer to question 10 was no, what are your thoughts about being an only child?
Thank you again to Shania Blogs for the nomination, and I look forward to seeing your answers! Spread the love guys ❤